Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Feta & Walnuts
Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes: 4 servings (1 1/4 cups)
Nutrition Facts: 158 calories; protein 4.8g; carbohydrates 8.6g; dietary fiber 3.4g; sugars 3.3g; fat 12.1g; saturated fat 2.6g; cholesterol 8.3mg; vitamin a iu 5566.6IU; vitamin c 48.6mg; folate 20.7mcg; calcium 142.4mg; iron 3.2mg; magnesium 79.8mg; potassium 113.5mg; sodium 298mg; thiamin 0.1mg.
Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit
Recipe brought to you by eatingwell.com
Dunkirk Family Practice does not own the rights to this recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon best-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to allow shallots to soften and mellow a bit.
- Add spinach, strawberries, feta and walnuts to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.